In The Original Klingon

Having previously detailed my 23rd century Starfleet force it follows that my Klingons would need some attention. I do have Klingons already for the 24th century which included models appropriate for this period but I decided to replace them with superior prints myself. As with my other projects, these models are in 1/7000.



As designed, my Klingon force includes 47 models. Every model I 3D printed, making the entire project an in house affair (except basing materials). Collecting the .stl files was straight forward but one model I had to modify and one I had to build from scratch. I would also like to highlight that some argument could come up as to my class naming convention for the Klingons. The names of Klingon ships are a mess throughout canon, a mess that I decided to tackle. I decided that names like K'Tinga or Vorcha are the true Klingon class names whereas D7, D10, etc, are Starfleet's designation for the class similar to NATO designations for Soviet equipment.

Hegh'yan yo'noH  Fleet (2280-2319)

Fleet Command

IKS Goroth-------------------[Pumwl' Class Dreadnought (D10)]

1st Battlecruiser Wing

IKS JenSuS-------------------[QwyllS Betleh Class Battleship (D8)]

1st Squadron
IKS Kalpak-------------------[K'Tinga Class Battlecruiser (D7)]
IKS Akua---------------------[K'Tinga Class Battlecruiser (D7)]
IKS R'Kang-------------------[K'Tinga Class Battlecruiser (D7)]
IKS Hugh'Ragh--------------[K'Tinga Class Battlecruiser (D7)]

2nd Squadron
IKS K'Vada-------------------[VoDleH Class Attack Cruiser (D14)]
IKS Dk'Tahg-----------------[Tel Hegh Class Cruiser (D6)]
IKS Voh'tahk-----------------[Tel Hegh Class Cruiser (D6)]
IKS Loktar-------------------[Tel Hegh Class Cruiser (D6)]

2nd Battlecruiser Wing

IKS Vangshu'a---------------[QwyllS Betleh Class Battleship (D8)]

1st Squadron
IKS Chong'pogh-------------[K'Tinga Class Battlecruiser (D7)]
IKS Bej'joq-------------------[K'Tinga Class Battlecruiser (D7)]
IKS Maht-H'a----------------[K'Tinga Class Battlecruiser (D7)]
IKS Khorazhar---------------[K'Tinga Class Battlecruiser (D7)]

2nd Squadron
IKS Malik--------------------[VoDleH Class Attack Cruiser (D14)]
IKS Bortas-------------------[Tel Hegh Class Cruiser (D6)]
IKS Y'tem--------------------[Tel Hegh Class Cruiser (D6)]
IKS Par'tok-------------------[Tel Hegh Class Cruiser (D6)]

1st Scout Wing

IKS Ditagh-------------------[Qa'Hos Class Heavy Cruiser (D9)]

1st Squadron
IKS Laneth-------------------[QuD Class Strike Cruiser (D12)]
IKS ShiVang-----------------[QuD Class Strike Cruiser (D12)]

2nd Squadron
3xZ'gavva Class Bird of Prey (D13)

3rd Squadron
3xZ'gavva Class Bird of Prey (D13)

2nd Scout Wing

IKS Vornak-------------------[Qa'Hos Class Heavy Cruiser (D9)]

1st Squadron
3xZ'gavva Class Bird of Prey (D13)

2nd Squadron
3xZ'gavva Class Bird of Prey (D13)

3rd Squadron
3xZ'gavva Class Bird of Prey (D13)

4th Squadron
3xZ'gavva Class Bird of Prey (D13)

3rd Scout Wing

IKS Doj'Pugh----------------[Qa'Hos Class Heavy Cruiser (D9)]

1st Squadron
3xZ'gavva Class Bird of Prey (D13)

2nd Squadron
3xZ'gavva Class Bird of Prey (D13)

3rd Squadron
3xZ'gavva Class Bird of Prey (D13)

4th Squadron
3xZ'gavva Class Bird of Prey (D13)

Fleet Reserve

IKS Par'tok------------------[Tel Hegh Class Cruiser (D6)]
IKS Malpara-----------------[Tel Hegh Class Cruiser (D6)]
IKS Fek'lhr------------------[Tel Hegh Class Cruiser (D6)]
IKS Gr'oth-------------------[D'ama Class Light Cruiser (D4)]
IKS Tr'loth-------------------[D'ama Class Light Cruiser (D4)]
IKS Hor'Cha-----------------[Doch Qaw Class Destroyer (D5)]
IKS Qu'Vat-------------------[Doch Qaw Class Destroyer (D5)]
IKS Koraga------------------[V'kar Zadan Class Destroyer (D2)]
IKS B'Moth------------------[V'kar Zadan Class Destroyer (D2)]
IKS Slivin--------------------[V'kar Zadan Class Destroyer (D2)]
IKS Vorn---------------------[V'kar Zadan Class Destroyer (D2)]

For this project I designed multiple variations of the fleet across 40 years of time to take into account new designs coming into service and older ones being retired. The list presented is for closer to 2320.

Pumwl' Class Dreadnought [Starfleet Designation D10)
My Metaverse 2nd Edition stats can be found here.

The iconic D10 familiar to anyone who knows Starfleet Battles. I combined the lore of the D10 with another named dreadnought of the same period for the singular flagship of the fleet.


QeyllS Betleh Class Battleship [Starfleet Designation D8)
My Metaverse 2nd Edition stats can be found here.

The QeyllS Betleh is a battleship not from Starfleet Battles but from the video game Klingon Academy which I use to command the two battlecruiser wings. The designation D8 has never been used as far as I can tell leaving it free for this beast.


QuD Class Strike Cruiser [Starfleet Designation D12)
My Metaverse 2nd Edition stats can be found here.

The QuD is another design from Klingon Academy that I latched onto as it is essentially a 23rd century ancestor of the larger bird of preys we see in the 24th century (which I term the K'Vort). I could not find a suitable model for this class so I resorted to building it myself.


K'Tinga Class Battlecruiser [Starfleet Designation D7)
My Metaverse 2nd Edition stats can be found here.

No Klingon fleet would be complete without the venerable K'Tinga. I already had four of these for my 24th century fleet but I needed eight for the 23rd century. Instead of having two different models I decided to scrap the old ones and do all new ones.


Tel Hegh Class Cruiser [Starfleet Designation D6)
My Metaverse 2nd Edition stats can be found here.

Older than the K'Tinga, the Tel Hegh was once the mainstay of the Klingon fleet. Like all good Klingon designs, this cruiser soldiers on for many decades supporting the newer ships. The model is essentially that seen in the fan film Axanar.


Qa'Hos Class Heavy Cruiser [Starfleet Designation D9)
My Metaverse 2nd Edition stats can be found here.

Another Klingon Academy game design, the Qa'Hos as depicted was a truly ugly starship. Since this is all made up anyway I opted for a much better looking design.


VoDleH Class Attack Cruiser [Starfleet Designation D14)
My Metaverse 2nd Edition stats can be found here.

The VoDleH class is a sister design to the K'Tinga configured less for independent missions and range but greater firepower. I essentially chopped up the K'Tinga .stl file, shortened the neck, and rearranged some pieces to create the model.


Doch Qaw Class Destroyer [Starfleet Designation D5)
My Metaverse 2nd Edition stats can be found here.

This model will seem familiar to anyone who watched Enterprise. Hailing from as far back as the 22nd Century, the Doch Qaw has been relegated to being a destroyer but still serves in reserve and house fleets.


D'ama Class Light Cruiser [Starfleet Designation D4)
My Metaverse 2nd Edition stats can be found here.

Another Enteprise era ship, the D'ama was the result of a VFX mistake where a K'Tinga was used unaltered for a Klingon Battlecruiser in the mid 22nd Century. I didn't like it at the time but I have learned to live with it.


V'kar Zadan Class Destroyer [Starfleet Designation D2)
My Metaverse 2nd Edition stats can be found here.

The V'kar Zadan is an old FASA design that I quite liked and chose to include. The designation of D2 indicates (in my headcanon) that this is an old design close to the D4 and D5 in time.


Z'gavva Class Bird of Prey [Starfleet Designation D13)
My Metaverse 2nd Edition stats can be found here.

Finally, a Klingon fleet would not be complete without a horde of birds of prey. The Z'gavva is the stepping stone between the clunky BoPs of Archer's time and the B'Rel of the 24th Century.


I am very pleased with this collection both for its variety and size. After completing this fleet I realized that with a dozen models or less added on I can model Klingons in the 22nd century since I already have some of the required models as legacy ships in this fleet. That will have to come later as I have had difficulty finding .stl files for two classes, forcing me to build them from scratch.

Comments

Popular Posts