Model Additions - Star Wars Scum & Villainy

Hello again everyone, having solved a personal shortage of both acrylic bases and black base coat, I pushed a few more models through the process. The pile I tackled this time was all products of my 3D printer. Some were intended to replace models I already owned that were unfortunately out of scale while others were to fill in esoteric corners of my Star Wars collection.

This model is Self 3D printed.
The wookiepedia article on the Arquitens Class can be found here.
My Metaverse Second Edition stats for the Arquitens can be found here.

The first batch of Star Wars models I ordered from shapeways several years ago included four Arquitens Class Frigates. Recently I discovered that those models were scaled too small and fortuitously I came across a wonderful STL of the Arquitens shortly afterword. This also worked out as I still needed two more for my Imperials, thus I now have six brand new Arquitens. The Reaver, Helldiver, Venom, and Eternal have been replaced and the Admiral Gother and Spitfire join them.

This model is Self 3D printed.
The wookiepedia article on the Gozanti can be found here.

That original batch of models also included Gozanti "Cruisers" in 1/7000. Upon receiving said batch I learned that that was a mistake. While the Gozanti is called a cruiser it is actually smaller than standard corvettes being closer to freighters like the YT-1300 or VCX-100. As such I looked for a solution the past couple of years and finally decided to just print them myself. These models are printed in the same scale as my other freighters and gunships (1/1350).

This model is Self 3D printed.
The wookiepedia article on the Arquitens Class can be found here.
My Metaverse Second Edition stats for the Arquitens can be found here.

Printing myself new Arquitens also allowed me to get a few for my Rebels. Whatever the Imperials have the Rebels are sure to have a supply of shortly afterword. The Liberty's Flame, Venerable, and Advancer join the growing Rebellion.

This model is Self 3D printed.
The wookiepedia article on the Gozanti can be found here.

The same holds true for the Gozanti. The Arquitens and Gozanti are both pre-clone wars designs so could be stolen/defected from the Empire or ex-republic ships. Either way the Dancing Rodian, Protector, and Resistor join my fleet.

This model is Self 3D printed.
The wookiepedia article on the X4 can be found here.

A new ship type for me, the X4 Gunship is similar in role and size to the Gozanti but used exclusively by the Rebellion. Determining how well they perform will have to wait until I can game with other humans again. At this point I would take a Wookie.

This model is Self 3D printed.
The wookiepedia article on the VCX-100 can be found here.

My Rebel fleet already included a VCX-100 freighter. However, I recently took notice of the fact that the starfighter models in my various fleets are not of a consistent scale. An odd blind spot considering my retentive focus on getting all the starships in 1/7000. So after some thinking and testing I decided on two scales for my small craft. 1/900 (ish) for fighters, as my Star Wars and BSG match this already, and 1/1350 (ish) for shuttles/gunships. This meant I had to print a new VCX-100 in 1/1350 which I painted to be the Ghost from Rebels.

This model is Self 3D printed.
The wookiepedia article on the YT-1300 can be found here.

The same was true for my YT-1300 which is why I have a brand new Millenium Falcon in 1/1350.

This model is Self 3D printed.
The wookiepedia article on the VCX-100 can be found here.

I have a few larger civilian cargo ships for convoy games and table decoration but I wanted some more freighters to add to the mix. Additionally, I felt that, outside named ships like the Millenium Falcon, it would be better to label any such craft as civilians rather than with a Rebel label. The Rebels can always use the model anyway. For my civilians I use the Sabacc Idiot symbol. The Jolly Droid is a civilian VCX-100 light freighter.

This model is Self 3D printed.
The wookiepedia article on the YT-1300 can be found here.

YT-1300 light freighters are one of the most common sights in the outer rim and so I included two of them in the queue, Wampa-7 and Neimoidian Pleasure.

This model is Self 3D printed.
The wookiepedia article on the YV-929 can be found here.

Often used in the Corporate Sector and by the Mining Guild, YV-929 armed freighters like Xondo Rising sacrifice cargo space for enhanced weaponry.

This model is Self 3D printed.
The wookiepedia article on the YT-1930 can be found here.

Another Corellian Engineering design, the Dantooine Fields is a YT-1930 transport that I believe is a better looking ship than the YT-1300, just don't tell any Star Wars fans I said that.

This model is Self 3D printed.
The wookiepedia article on the U-55 can be found here.

Heavy-98 is a basic U-55 Loadlifter common to orbital traffic galaxy wide.

This model is Self 3D printed.
The wookiepedia article on the YT-2400 can be found here.

Lastly, the latest hot-rod freighter from CEC is the YT-2400. Poyo's Prize still wears the factory paint but the Sundiver sports a flashy flame job that suits such a fast ship.


That's all I've got done at the moment. I do have 6mm North African minis on the desk; likely of little interest to the average sci-fi gamer.

Comments

  1. Lots of great stuff there. Particularly good to see all the little freighters, since they should make up a good portion of system traffic in the outer rim or more backwards systems other places.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts